Saturday, March 16, 2013

The big splash in the Pacific!

Today we woke up around 6:30 AM and were ready to go by 7:30 AM. I knew we were visiting a school today but had no idea how fun the kids would be,and how fast I would get attached to the children. On the way to the school we saw lake Arenal. The lake stayed going for about  half an hour before we lost site of it, it was HUGE! We also stopped at the German Bakery which was cool. It was one long bus ride but we all stayed entertained playing games and listening to our music. 

When we arrived at the school the kids were really shy but got used to us as time went on. The cultural dances  the kids did for us were really enjoyable, the school also has a volunteer named Elly from Chicago teaching the kids English, I think he was doing a good job, because the kids sang a song to us in both English and Spanish. One of the kids looked like me when I was younger his name was Joel I took several pictures of him and me. One picture has him wearing my hat and me wearing his.

The German Bakery was fun, they had all sorts of goodies and drinks like cappuccinos. They were really nice and friendly. I would never of thought there were full blooded Germans living in Costa Rica but I guess I was wrong. Olman our tour guide said that in Costa Rica there are a lot of different races like Hispanic,German,Italian and Swiss, also Jamaicans. After the bakery we began driving to our next hotel which wasn't that far but not to close, there was enough time for a little nap.

At the end of our bus ride we arrived at our hotel which was right on the ocean. The ocean waves were nice and big for us to play in as they crashed into the shore. There were surfers ridding the waves and many people swimming. Everyone really enjoys this hotel, the food is great and the view is perfect not including all the cool interesting creatures you see when you walk the beach.

This day was really fun and interesting we saw the Pacific Ocean for the first time, and experienced a wonderful culture that new to all of us. We all liked the bakery because we got food to snack on for the ride and the school because the kids made an impact on all of us. I think today was a fun day for all of us. 

[~] Jeremy [~]

No comments:

Post a Comment